Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chapter 40

The next Friday evening Lindsay entered Jon’s office to find him, as usual, on the phone. He looked up as she approached his desk and smiled. When he raised a brow in question she shook her head. Careful not to mix anything up she started searching around his desk. When she came around to his side to check she had to stifle a squeal as he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her onto his lap, while still continuing his conversation.

Smiling secretly to herself she decided that two could play that game. Leaning forward as she continued to search his desk she pushed her butt more deeply into his lap, smirking when she heard his quickly indrawn breath.

“Uh, Paul, can I call you back in a bit? Something just came up here.” Something came up indeed! “No, no it’s fine, I just need to call you back. Thanks. Bye.”

Wrapping both arms around her waist to hold her still he asked. “ok, missy, just what are you looking for?”

“This!” Pulling his daytimer out from under a pile of papers, she waved it in triumph. Turning to the next day’s page she studied his schedule. “So you’re going to be around the house tomorrow, you don’t have to go anywhere?”

“Nope, I’ll be home all day. Why?” He sucked in another breath as she squirmed a little to get more comfortable.

“Can I borrow your car then?” She asked.

“Sure. Where are you going?” He was curious. He would willingly give her anything he had, but she rarely asked for anything, even something as minor as this.

“I’m taking the kids Christmas shopping and I can’t fit all of them and Romeo’s car seat in my car.” She answered.

His brows rose. “You’re taking all of them?”

She turned to look at him over her shoulder and sighed in exasperation. “Yes, I’m taking all of them. Dorothea acted like I’d lost my mind too when I asked if I could take them. Why does everyone think that it’s so strange? Don’t you think I can handle it?”

“Sshhh, sweetheart.” He urged her to lie back against him. “It’s not that I don’t think you can handle it, it’s more that you would want to.”

That just confused her more. “Why wouldn’t I? It’s not like they’re little hellions. Steph and Jesse don’t need much looking after and they’re always good to help with the little ones.”

“Not many women would take on a task like that for someone else’s kids, that’s all.” He explained.

“It’s not a task. It’s fun. And they’re not ‘someone else’s kids’. They’re your kids.” She argued.

He smiled at her vehemence, and kissed her temple. “I know, and the fact that you look at it as fun, and that you want to spend time with my kids just adds to what I love about you.”

Feeling the anger drain out her she relaxed back against him. Turning her head she kissed him lightly. “I love you too.”

Sitting up again she attempted to move off his lap. “I’d better let you get back to work.”

He wouldn’t let her up. “Oh no, you need to finish what you started first.” When she looked at him in confusion he pressed her hips down and thrust his up slightly.

She grinned. “I didn’t start that…you did.” He raised a brow at her. “I didn’t choose to sit on your lap, you put me here. However,” She moved her hips in a circular motion forcing a groan from his throat. “I’ll be more than happy to finish it.”

Suddenly their position caused visions of the video for Queen of New Orleans to flash through her head. Her smile turned just a little devilish.

Taking his hands she placed them on the arms of the chair. “Leave them there.”

Having changed into sweats when she got home from work, it was the work of only a few moments to slip them off along with her sweatshirt, leaving her in bra and lace panties. Humming, she turned to face him and straddled his legs. Gyrating her hips she put her hands on the top of the back of the chair. Leaning forward she brushed her breasts across his face. Once. Twice. Three times.

At first he was a little stunned at her performance. Then he recognized the tune she was humming. Understanding now what was expected of him he grinned and sat back to enjoy.

Sitting upright again she continued undulating her lower body while she ran her hands over her breasts. She watched his eyes follow her hands and reveled in the flames of desire she saw there.

Reaching out she slowly unbuttoned his shirt and spread it wide open. She ran her fingertips lightly over the taut muscles and watched his chest heave as his breathing shortened. Trailing her fingers down further, she teased him through his pants. He groaned.

Turning around she sat on his lap and leaned back against his chest. Pressing her hips down she continued to swivel them, and added some shoulder motion rubbing them back and forth across his bare skin.

Clenching his fists in an effort not to grab her and end his torture he closed his eyes and leaned his head back. As she continued her movements he was unable to stop the ravaged moan that erupted from his very core.

“Jesus Lindsay, you’re killing me!”

Her only response was a low, sultry laugh. Leaning fully back against him she raised her arms to run her fingers through his hair. Pulling his head down she turned until she could reach his mouth with hers. The tip of her tongue came out to trace his lips, teasing him until he parted them for her. When he did she swept inside and tasted him deeply.

Reaching behind her she popped open the button on his jeans. With two fingertips she probed underneath the denim. His hips bucked in response.

He tore his mouth away from hers. “That does it.” He panted.

Grabbing her hips he lifted her slightly so that he could reach his zipper and release his now aching erection. Stripping off her panties, he checked to make sure she was ready for him. Finding her swollen and drenched he impaled her in his lap.

Releasing her hips he cupped her breasts, teasing her taut nipples with his fingers while she resumed her gyrations.

“Oh, God, Jon!” she gasped arching her back, pushing her breasts more firmly into his hands.

Sliding one hand down her ribcage and over her belly he reached between her legs to caress her lightly in time with her movements.

“Mmmmm, yes.” She moaned reaching down to press him more firmly against her sensitive flesh.

Unable to help herself she started moving faster. “Please Jon, now!”
In response he grasped her hips, held her down and thrust upwards. Hard. Once. Twice. Three times.

She screamed as the world exploded.

Wrapping his arms tightly around her, he held her as they shuddered together.



Chapter 41

“Honey, we need to talk about Christmas.” Lindsay sighed as she set down the lists she had been going over.

“What about it?” Jon replied looking up from the contracts he’d been reading. Leaning his head back against the couch he turned to look at her sitting beside him.

“Well, for starters, when are we going to celebrate it, where, and how?” She asked.

“Dorothea has asked to have the kids Christmas Day, and after we got them Thanksgiving I thought that was only fair. We can do ours Boxing Day can’t we?” He replied.

She nodded. “That works. I can be back by then.” She turned back to her lists.

He frowned. “What do you mean you ‘can be back by then’? Back from where?”

“Home.” She answered. When he didn’t say anything she glanced at him and saw the frown. “What? It’s Christmas. I have to go home for Christmas. But my family does everything Christmas Day, and Mom and Dad are both nearing 80, so we don’t stay very late anymore. I can be back here for Boxing Day.”

His frown deepened. “When were you planning on leaving?”

She could hear the anger in his voice. “I thought I’d leave Christmas Eve day in the morning. What’s wrong? Was there something you wanted me to do?”

He shook his head and almost glared at her in a mixture of hurt and frustration. “Did it even cross your mind to ask me to go with you?”

She eyed him warily. “Yes, but I didn’t think that you would want to leave the kids at Christmas.” She looked down at the pages in her lap. “And, I wasn’t sure you would want to go. My family can be a little overwhelming.” She admitted.

He sighed. Setting aside the contracts he reached out to cup her chin in his hand, gently forcing her to look at him. “Hey, we’re in this together now. The kids will be busy at their mothers, and of course I want to go with you. As for overwhelming families…” He smiled wryly. “…well you’ve met mine, so why shouldn’t I meet yours?”

“Are you sure?” She tried not to sound too hopeful.

“Yes, I’m sure.” He tapped the tip of her nose with his finger. “Sweetheart, will you please do me one favour?”

“Sure, what?” She asked.

“Will you please, in future, try to remember that you are part of a couple now, and as the other half of that couple, as much as I want you included in my life, I want to be included in yours as well. I may not be able to be with you all the time, but I’d like to have the option. Besides, this is our first Christmas together. I don’t want to spend a minute of it apart.” He kissed her.

“Ok, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. It’s a long drive in the timeframe we have, and my brothers are probably going to put you through the third degree – especially considering your profession.” She smiled happily.

“Drive? Why would we drive?” He asked surprised.

“Because it’s Christmas and we’ll never get a flight.” She answered.

He chuckled. “Sugar, you should know better than that by now. Just let me know what time you want to leave and I’ll look after the rest.”

Shaking her head she reached for her phone. “I’m definitely not used to this yet. Hi Mom, how are you? Good, I’m fine. I just wanted to let you know that I’m bringing someone home with me for Christmas.” She laughed. “Yes, the rock star. Well, yes Mom, it is pretty serious. I don’t know if we’re going to get married.” She closed her eyes and laid her head back against the couch her cheeks flaming.

Jon chuckled and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“Yes, Mom, I’ll make sure they’re covered. No he’s only got three and their not huge. We’ll be coming in on Christmas Eve day and leaving Christmas night. We’ve got to be back here for Christmas with his family on Boxing Day. I know that’s not very long Mom, but it’s the best I…we… can do. No you don’t need to buy him any presents, I’ll take care of it. Yes, I’ll bring dessert. Ok, I’ll talk to you later. Bye.”

“Ok, I’ll bite. What do I only have three of that aren’t huge?” He asked, curious.

“Tattoos. My Dad has a real dislike for them, so we all have to keep them covered when he’s around.” She answered ruefully.

“All? So you’re not the only one in your family with some ink?” He asked, amused.

“Nope. My brother Mark has a small one on his shoulder blade, and my oldest nephew Kevin has several – I’ve lost count – across his shoulders and down his arms. Dad had a fit when he saw them. So…..it’s short sleeves and socks for you my friend.”

“Short sleeves? In the winter? In Canada? How tough do you think I am?” He laughed.

“So wear layers, because believe me, after about ten minutes in my mother’s house you’ll be sweating. She’s always cold, and keeps the heat jacked up.”

He nodded. “Anything else I should be aware of?”

“Well, Kevin is a drummer in a wanna be band, so be prepared to answer a lot of questions. Apparently they’ve got some big gig New Year’s Eve and he’s really excited. I’ll fill you in on the rest on the plane.”

He suddenly looked uncomfortable. “Speaking of New Year’s Eve….there’s something I think I forgot to tell you.”

She turned to look at him and raised a brow at him. “Oh?”

“Yeah, umm, we’re hosting a party here. Not too big, just family and some close friends that I want you to meet.” He waited for the explosion.

She swallowed hard, frantically trying to figure out how she would find the time to organize a big party on top of the shopping and cooking for two family Christmases. “How many people are we talking here?”

“Only about fifty or so.” He assured her.

She stared at him in disbelief. “JON!!” she wailed.



Chapter 42

Boarding the private plane Lindsay took a minute to appreciate the luxury surrounding her. Niiice. I could get used to this! Sitting at a table she pulled out a stack of papers going over her lists yet again.

Sitting on a couch, Jon shook his head at her. “Honey, why don’t you come over here and relax. You’re gonna wear yourself out. Hell, you’ve worn me out just watching you!”

Still focused on her lists she answered absently. “What are you talking about?”

“You. You’ve been running around like a mad woman for the last two weeks! You work all day, come home, and disappear into the kitchen for hours. On weekends you bring the kids over and decorate the whole house.” The memory of that brought a smile to both their faces. That had been a special weekend full of laughs and memorable family moments.

“On top of your own shopping you helped the kids and me with ours and wrapped everything.” He continued. “You’ve made all the preparations for a full on family Christmas with all the trimmings even though I have a full staff that could have done it for you,..”

“That wouldn’t be the same. Besides, they have their own Christmas’ to prepare for. They don’t need me adding to their work load.” She interrupted.

“Then you decide that we need to make sure that all the kids in the Habitat for Humanity homes I’ve been involved with have presents for Christmas…” He continued as though she hadn’t spoken.

“I didn’t do much, just some shopping.” She shrugged. “Every kid deserves a nice Christmas. I just wanted to help make that happen in some small way. Besides, you’re paying for it.”

“You have a very soft, caring heart, and I love you for it.” He said softly.

She grinned. “Remember that when you get the bill.”

He laughed, then sobered. “My point is, you’ve been doing all this, plus making sure the guys had everything they needed while we were rehearsing, lining up everything for New Year’s Eve and now you’re, what, making lists of everything you need to do at your parents for tomorrow!”

“So? Recognizing a kindred spirit? You’re not the only anal retentive one when it comes to wanting anything you’re involved in to go well you know.”

He chuckled. “I know, it’s just that it seems like you’re always on the run.”

She looked at him for a moment, confused at his mood, then smiled. “Are you feeling neglected?”

He frowned. “I finally get you to spend more than three days in my house and I see you less than I do when you’re not staying there!” He grouched.

Setting down her papers, she rose, walked over to him and sat in his lap. Feeling his arms steal around her she wrapped hers around his neck and kissed him softly. “I’m sorry.”

He grunted. “So, are you going to make it up to me?”

Just then the flight attendant entered the cabin to see if they needed anything. Stifling a squeal Lindsay tried to slide of his lap, but he held her in place.

When the attendant left – unable to hide her smile – Lindsay hid her flaming face in his neck.

Chuckling, he squeezed her and gently tipped her head back. Kissing her lightly he whispered. “Wanna join the mile high club?”

“Not unless you can lock that door.” She answered primly.

“But I thought that you wanted to make it up to me for neglecting me these last two weeks.” He pouted.

“Oh I will, but you’re going to have to wait until we can guarantee there will be no interruptions.”

He sighed. “I guess I’ll just have to settle for holding you….for now.”

For the rest of the flight they talked quietly, exchanging soft kisses.

No comments: